Friday 2 November 2007

And now in my Brain


Just over two weeks ago, I was admitted to hospital for brain scans, after having headaches, and then a few other symptoms.
Last Tuesday, I had brain surgery, to remove a 2cm tumour from my cerebellum.

It's been a very scary couple of weeks, and I can only now just see well enough to use the computer for very short amounts of time.
My balance is all wrong (couldn't walk for a few days after surgery), my vision's wrong, I can't hear properly, and can't think straight, or concentrate.

This time last week, I honestly didn't care if I died. In fact, I hoped for it.
But I didn't die. I'm still here. And while I really don't feel like me at the minute, things seem to be slowly improving.

The "damned lies and statistics" give me around 6-9 months to live now.
Six months will take me to my birthday. I'm hoping for more, but I'm not being unrealistic. I know this cancer's on the war path. I know it'll get me. But not just yet, I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee, I somehow found you on-line. I wept when I read your story. I just want to say that I admire your strenghth throughout your trials. My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry to hear of how you have suffered. Thank you for sharing your story, though. I am 2 years older than you. A close friend of mine just went through masectomy, chemo, and radiation at the age of 35. I feel that by reading your words I have a better idea of what she is going through and how I can be a good friend to her in her battle. I will keep reading about you through your blog. Sending hugs your way from Canada,
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Oh you don't know me, not yet, since I've found your blog only recently, but just wanted to say hi and send my very best wishes, thoughts and feelings to you!Hoping for many, endless many happy days for you!!!!!!!!